Is working with clay is something you have always wanted to try? Or do you do a bit of pottery at home and you want to start experimenting with working on a wheel?
We run class sessions every Tuesday at 6:15pm and Saturdays at 11:00am where we can teach you a range of techniques. (Please state which day you would be interested in attending when booking)
Over three consecutive classes, we will show you how to quickly get started on the wheel so that you can create wonderful shapes on a pottery wheel and have some fun while you are here!
In this course you will do the following:
- How to wedge the clay
- How to center The clay
- Pulling the clay into your desired shape
- Trimming of your thrown shapes
- Preparation for firing
- Decoration & application of glazes
Your creations will be fired and you can collect them within 2 weeks of the last class.
Each class is 2.5 hours in duration starting at 6:15PM on Tuesday or 11AM on Saturday.
On completion of this introduction, you will have a solid understanding of the foundations of throwing and forming objects out of clay on a potters wheel along with the techniques of decorating to achieve an amazing finish.
- Clothes you are comfortable to get dirty
- Closed-toe shoes
- Hair tied back
You will be provided with:
- Personal instruction
- Potters Wheel
- Shaping & forming tools
Please message me for cancellations. Conditions for cancellation are as follows:
- Full refund if attendance is canceled more than 1 week out from the class
- No refund if attendance is canceled less than 1 week before the class start
- I reserve the right to cancel a class 1 week before the class date if minimum class numbers are not met