Have you always wanted to try the pottery wheel? Or are you a member of a communal studio and would like some private tuition?
If you are an absolute beginner, I will guide you through the process step-by-step. Or, if you are more experienced, I can tailor the class to cover the techniques you wish to improve or learn.
Lessons are 1 on 1 or if you want to make the class more affordable, you can come as a pair. At the end of a class, I'll hold your partially finished work until your next class and when complete, will fire your creation in my kiln.
WHAT IS PROVIDED
- A wheel each to practice your throwing
- Necessary tools
- Clay and firing costs are additional to tuition fee. Clay is $20/bag (a quarter or half bags are available with price adjusted). Firing fee is $7/kilo
My typical availability to run a class is as follows:
- Monday to Wednesday 2pm to 6pm
- Friday 9am to 4pm
The above is only my typical availability which I will only confirm after you submit your request. Other days and times may be possible, but on a case by case basis. Note that you will only be charged if I accept your request.
WHAT TO BRING
- Apron or clothes that you don't mind getting dirty with clay
- Closed toe shoes
- Hair tied back and short nails preferred.
This is a studio in a private residence in Rose Bay. The exact location will be sent to you once a booking is made.
To get the most out of a class, each session must be
booked for a minimum of 2 hours.
Please message me for cancellations. Conditions for cancellation are as follows:
- full refund if attendance is cancelled more than 48 week out from the class.
- no refund if attendance is cancelled less than 48h before the class start.