If you're someone who loves using wooden objects at home, here is an opportunity to learn how to make a wooden bowl from scratch to use in your kitchen or wherever you like!
On the day, two attendees will be given an introduction into the art of Woodturning. With your own hands and a lathe, you will make a bowl from a piece of timber and at the end of the day take it home with you!
Woodturning is my passion which I have enjoyed over the last 25 years. On the day of the class, I will arrange two extra lathes to be set up and I will personally guide you through the process of safely setting up & operating a wood lathe. Then I will show you the techniques used to precisely create your own bowl along with some surface finishing techniques.
You will be provided with the following:
* A piece of timer suitable for making a bowl approximately 6" in diameter
* Oil for sealing the wood on completion
* A face shield to protect you from the wood cuttings
* A lathe and a basic set of cutting tools to turn with
* Water, Tea & Coffee making facilities
* Membership to the Sydney Woodturners Guild (a short form needs to be completed on arrival).
* learning the skills on how to safely set up a wood lathe, securely mount your piece of wood and safely handle cutting tools.
* learning the basic skills needed to create flat and curved surfaces.
* learning basic techniques used for finishing a turned piece of wood to make it shine.
Please message me for cancellations. Conditions for cancellation are as follows:
Full refund if attendance is cancelled more than 1 week out from the class
No refund if attendance is cancelled less than 1 week before the class start
On the day please ensure you wear closed shoes and clothes that are not loose around the arms. If you have long hair, please ensure it is tied back.
Other than that, just bring yourself and we will take care of the rest!